DEADLINE EFFECTIVE SUNDAY, JULY 13TH INCLUDES:
- ALL CAMP PACKAGES
-ALL HOTEL RESERVATIONS
- FINALIZING ROOM ARRANGEMENTS / ROOMMATES
Day passes will remain available for purchase online and on-site. To register online go to usafsummercamp.com
CAMP CANCELLATIONS – All camp packages are non-refundable after SUNDAY, JULY 13th (case-by-case consideration will be made due to emergency or health concerns).
FINALIZING ROOM ARRANGEMENTS – Please email either Laura or Karen with changes/cancellations to your hotel reservation no later than Sunday, July 13th.
Please do not have anyone just “drop in” and stay in your room without registering them with the hotel. This is not allowed as per our contract, and puts our relationship with the hotel in jeopardy!
HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY – The hotel has a 48 hour cancellation policy. All cancellations within 48 hours of arrival date will be charged one night’s room rate, including tax. A “NO SHOW” WILL BE CHARGED FOR EACH NIGHT OF THE RESERVATION THAT THEY DID NOT CANCEL WITH 48 HOURS NOTICE
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY PERTAIN TO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW:
1) If you listed your roommate as “unknown” and no roommate assignment has been made, the hotel will allocate either a king or 2 double beds, based on availability.
2) If you listed children in your room but did not purchase a camp package for them – they may join you for aikido dinners free of charge if they are under 5. If they are 5 and older and did not purchase a camp package, they will not be able to join you in the dinner dinning room.
3) If you are not registered for Camp AND do not have a hotel reservation – Day Passes are available.
Please note that having friends “crash” in your room is not permitted. Please be respectful of our working relationship with the hotel and help us maintain our outstanding reputation with the staff.
Laura Pavlick & Karen De Paola
As many of you know, the USAF has been collecting donations as a gesture of the USAF’s deep appreciation for what New York Aikikai, under the leadership and guidance of Yamada Sensei, has given, and continues to offer, to the USAF community and the greater aikido community world-wide.
A sincere thank you to all the dojos, instructors, members and friends who have already made a donation. If you would like to make a donation to the USAF, you can do so until the deadline of July 20th, by clicking below. A presentation of the USAF’s donation to the New York Aikikai will be made at this year’s summer camp, along with a card displaying the names of all who have contributed to this half-century celebration!
- Alexander Angustain – Tarzana Aikikai
- David Bensman – Aikido Society of Memphis
- Thomas Browning – Island Aikido
- Kayla Davis – Island Aikido
- Edward Estrada – Water Oak Aikikai
- Gregory Gargiso – Aikido Schools of New Jersey
- Brad Garner – Aikido of Ashland Kentucky
- Vladimir Gerasimov – Seattle Aikikai
- Charles Hale – MIT Aikido Club
- Danielle Hyatt – Seattle Aikikai
- Jun Kawaguchi – Portland Aikikai
- Leonel Martinez-Perez – Kentuckiana Aikikai
- Roselyn Maynard – Notting Hill Aikikai
- Sean McCarty – Aikido of Ashland Kentucky
- Robert Micieli – Aikido of Red Bank
- Frank Ruzicka – Aikido of Austin
- Mark Shanahan – University of Iowa Aikikai
- Daniel Sibol – Jersey Shore Aikikai
- Takara Suzuki – Portland Aikikai
- Michael Vaccaro – Jersey Shore Aikikai
- Jesse Vance – Aikido of Ashland Kentucky
- Rochelle Wagner – Seattle Aikikai
- Tom Worsnopp – Aikido of Park Slope
- Daniel Yager – Jersey Shore Aikikai
- Elisa Beebe – Framingham Aikikai
- Michael Carnes – Raleigh Aikikai
- Alan Crosby – Aikido of Summit
- Robert Fraley – Two Rivers Aikikai
- Robert Humphreys – New Castle Aikikai
- Damien Kick – Austin Aikikai
- Branko Mihanovic – Orlando Aikikai
- Jon Naranjo – Midwest Aikido Center
- Kathleen O’Neill – Northern Virginia Aikikai
- Teri Pierson – Two Rivers Aikikai
- Eric Poma – New Castle Aikikai
- Adele Roland – Northern Virginia Aikikai
- Carl Steiger – Oak Hill Aikido
- Christine Blaha-James – Aikido of Austin
- Karen Clark – Aikido of Champlain Valley
- John Hillson – Open Sky Aikikai
- Christina Johnson – Orlando Aikikai
- William Kopko – New Castle Aikikai
- Joel Miller – Austin Aikikai
- Stephen Miller – Kenosha Aikikai
- Janice Taitel – Aikido Center of Dover
- John Van Kirk – Aikido of Ashland Kentucky
- Meipo Martin – Capitol Hill Aikikai
- Jonathan Weiner – Aikido of Charlotte
On Saturday, June 7th, the New York Aikikai hosted a large party to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Yamada Sensei’s arrival in New York City. In acknowledgement of this historical event, he was presented with a letter from William de Blasio, the Mayor of New York City. A copy of the letter can be viewed by clicking here
On the eve of Yamada Sensei’s 50th anniversary of his arrival in New York City and the New York Aikikai, the June 2nd edition of Crain’s New York Business Magazine features a full-page interview with him entitled “Yamada Sensei is 76. What’s your excuse?” Written by one of Crain’s top reporters, Daniel Geiger, it features of full-color photo of Yamada Sensei and celebrates Yamada Sensei’s half-century of teaching throughout the United States and the world at large. You can access the full article here:
Summer Camp Update May 29th 2014:
SOLD OUT: FULL WEEK CAMP PACKAGES
SOLD OUT: 2ND HALF WEEK PACKAGES
SOLD OUT: HOTEL ROOMS FOR FULL WEEK
SOLD OUT: HOTEL ROOMS FOR 2ND HALF WEEK
SOLD OUT: MEAL PLAN (DINNERS) FOR FULL WEEK
SOLD OUT: MEAN PLAN (DINNERS) FOR 2ND HALF WEEK
AVAILABLE: 1ST HALF WEEK CAMP PACKAGES (INCLUDING AIKIDO & DINNERS)
AVAILABLE: HOTEL ROOMS FOR 1ST HALF WEEK PACKAGES (SATURDAY – WEDNESDAY; SATURDAY RATES ARE HIGHER THAN SUNDAY – WEDNESDAY AND WILL DISPLAY ON THE RESERVATION PAGE WITH A PRICE FOR THE NIGHT. ALL OTHER ROOM NIGHTS WILL NOT DISPLAY A RATE BUT ARE AT THE CAMP DISCOUNT)
AVAILABLE: DAY PASSES PURCHAED IN ADVANCE ON-LINE OR ON-SITE DURING CAMP
REMINDER: BREAKFAST IS ONLY INCLUDED IF YOU ARE STAYING AT THE HOTEL AND MADE YOUR RESERVATION THROUGH THE USAF PORTAL. RESERVATIONS MADE THROUGH OTHER MEANS DO NOT GUARANTEE USAF RATES OR BREAKFASTS
REMINDER: DAY PASSES DO NOT INCLUDE ANY MEALS OR HOTEL ROOMS
REMINDER: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED FOR CAMP, PLEASE CONFIRM WITH YOUR ROOM MATE(S) THAT EVERYONE IN YOUR ROOM HAS AN EMAIL RECEIPT FROM PAYPAL CONFIRMING THEIR CAMP PURCHASE, AND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM THE HOTEL STATING CHECK-IN AND CHECKOUT DATES AND CONFIRMATION NUMBER
REMINDER: EVERY ADULT IN EVERY ROOM MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE HOTEL
REMINDER: DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION OR BEING PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST IS FRIDAY, JUNE 20TH
SEE BELOW REGARDING JOINING THE WAITING LIST
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MAY PERTAIN TO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW:
- You listed your roommate as “unknown” and no roommate assignment has been made – at this time the hotel is assuming you are staying in your room alone and will allocate either a king or double based on room availabilities.
- You listed you have children staying in your room but did not purchase a camp package for them – if they are 5 or older they will not be able to join you for the aikido group dinner for 2nd half week. If you are staying full week, you can purchase a 1st half week meal plan for them. If they are under 5 they eat for free and can join you in the aikido dinning room for the full week .
- You are not registered for Camp (full or 2nd half week) AND do not have a hotel reservation AND not sharing a room – Day Passes are available.
- You received an email regarding your registration or camp status but did not respond – there will be a waiting list for full week or 2nd half week camp packages and/or hotel reservations (see below)
- You have a room for the full week or 2nd half and would like to add a roommate – if your roommate will be purchasing day passes or is a family member and will not be part of the aikido camp (no packages/dinners), please contact Laura or Karen with your roommate’s information and we will notify the hotel.
Waiting list information:
In order to be placed on the waiting list for either 2nd half week or full week camp package and/or hotel reservation, please email your name and desired camp package and/or hotel check-in and check-out dates to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. There are no guarantees that spots will open up, so please consider alternative options (1st half week or day passes) in order to secure your place at camp.
Online registration for 1st half week and day passes will re-open shortly, so please check the following link for updates: http://usafsummercamp.com/information.php
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
Laura Pavlick and Karen De Paola
Dear USAF members,
Many of you have received an email from DoYu Global (“DoYu”) promoting the sale of its aikido related products. Because we have received several questions regarding the email, we wanted to clarify that the USAF was not aware that DoYu would be using the USAF group photo from summer camp and familiar camp wording to sell its products. It is important that our members know that at this time, neither the USAF nor Yamada Sensei are endorsing DoYu’s products and neither the USAF nor Yamada Sensei are benefitting financially from the sales of DoYu products.
Please know that it is an individual’s decision to purchase products from DoYu, and we are not trying to discourage or dissuade you from doing so. It is just important that the facts are clear and that there are no misrepresentations or assumptions as to who may be benefitting from DoYu sales. Once again, neither the USAF nor Yamada Sensei receive any financial benefits from the sale of DoYu products.
Director of Operations
You may now pre-order your 50th Anniversary DVD online by clicking on the following link - http://aikidodelamontagne.com/en/store_aikido.html.
This professional DVD will be comprised of footage taken during the many classes that are held throughout the week. Whether you would like a keepsake from this celebratory camp, or will use it as an instructional guide or teaching aide, pre-purchasing the DVD before camp guarantees that you will receive this limited edition at a discounted price.
Only a limited number will be made based on the number of DVDs that are pre-ordered. To avoid any lines or delays at camp, order online now.
We are hoping to charter a bus from New York Aikikai to the Stockton Seaview Hotel on Saturday morning (July 26th) and/or Sunday morning (July 27th) and returning to New York Aikikiai on Saturday, August 2nd. The cost for a round trip ticket will be $80 USD ($40 USD one way). To help with our planning process, please click here to sign up on the spreadsheet expressing your preference. Please be sure you made your hotel reservation BEFORE choosing your bus dates since hotel room availabilities may be limited.
Once the plans are finalized, you will be provided with information on how to prepay and reserve a seat on the chartered bus. All reservations must be made in advance, and availability is on a first-come first-serve basis.
If you have any questions, please email Karen De Paola at firstname.lastname@example.org