Thank you to those of you who have registered to attend Summer Camp 2011! You can now access the tentative schedule on our website, www.usaikifed.com.
As you may know, registration for full week or half week attendance is now closed, but day participants are encouraged to register online up to the day they arrive to help avoid lines and create a smooth process. However, we are still receiving inquiries from people who have not yet registered but would like to attend camp and stay at the hotel. At this time, we have someone looking to stay for the first half week and one for the full week. We are unable to accommodate them since there are no more rooms available at the hotel. If you would like to reduce your cost by adding a roommate, please let us know. We will keep your name on a list in case we are contacted by someone looking to attend.
If this is your first time attending camp at the Seaview Hotel and Resort, here are a few helpful hints:
- bring a bathing suit – there’s an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub
- the dojo is in the hotel – you can get changed in your room
- in addition to the breakfast and dinner served with the camp package, there is a bar/grill where you can buy lunch, sandwiches are sold pool-side, and a $12 all-you-can-eat buffet lunch will be available daily.
- there are no washing machines, but there is a laundromat down the street
- there is a bar/lounge area in the lobby where we can all congregate at night
- everything is air-conditioned – bring a sweatshirt
- there will be a camp store where you can but a new dogi
- bring your weapons – weapons class will be held outside
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you in 2 weeks!
Laura and Paige